Quotes on PR Impact on Business
To identify five or more quotes from tech company CEOs, board members, or reputable research institutions that illustrate the value of public relations and strong communication on business for the purposes of using the quotes in a presentation.
Preliminary research shows there are numerous quotes about how PR and communication impact business, but most of them are not from C-level executives at tech companies. However, if a search is conducted by company CEO, there are more results.
- “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently." — Warren Buffet
- “In a downturn, aggressive PR and communications strategy is key.” — Doug Leone, VC, Sequoia Capital — Silicon Alley Insider
- "If I was down to the last dollar of my marketing budget I’d spend it on PR!” — Bill Gates
- “Publicity is absolutely critical. A good PR story is infinitely more effective than a front page ad.” — Richard Branson
- "PR is about managing reputation, building authority and generally creating goodwill around a brand. PR is the art and science of growing trust." — Forbes
- "Run your communications through a readability test to determine how difficult the language is to comprehend as written on a scale of 1 – 100. These are available free on sites such as Word Count Tools and Readability Score. Ideally, you want your content to score 80 – 89, and requiring the education of an 11-year old child. The easier your communications are to understand, the broader the reach." — Cameron Craig, former member of Apple’s product PR team.
- “In the old world, you devoted 30% of your time to building a great service and 70% of your time to shouting about it. In the new world, that inverts.” — Jeff Bezos
- "We are comfortable planting seeds and waiting for them to grow into trees. We don’t focus on the optics of the next quarter; we focus on what is going to be good for customers. I think this aspect of our culture is rare." — Jeff Bezos
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.