Have there been any recent published findings/guidelines for the size of a marketing department within an organization?
To find any recently published findings/guidelines for the size of a marketing department within an organization.
- The average size of a marketing team varies by company size. Companies with between 1 to 49 employees have about 3 people, on average, in their marketing team. On the other hand, companies with up to 5,000 employees have an average of 45 professionals in their marketing department.
- Companies with 50 to 249 employees have about 8 marketers, on average, while those with 250 to 499 employees have 11, those with 500 to 999 employees have 14, and companies with 1,000 to 4,999 employees have 20 people in a marketing department, on average.
- Over 80% of organizations with a marketing team have a mixed/combined department, that is, both digital and traditional teams are categorized together.
- According to marketers, marketing strategy & planning, email marketing, content production, customer insight, data analysis & reporting, data management, copywriting, and web development are the most important skills in a marketing department across organizations of all sizes.
- Skills like SEO, graphic design, PPC (pay per click), PR (public relations), video production, and programmatic advertising are most likely to be outsourced.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.