SXSW Creative Brand Activations
Foursquare's Hypertrending Feature
- Foursquare launched its app's hypertrending feature during the SXSW festival in Austin.
- Attendees have to shake their phones to use the feature.
- The feature leverages the company's location data.
- The hypertrending feature is basically a "real-time heat map" that let users know where someone is at a certain point in time.
- The "Map" view of the app can also show how people are scattered throughout a location.
- Some pictures of the app that were presented in the festival can be found in this link.
- Foursquare also held a party during the event that featured food trucks and rustic facilities.
Proprietary Database Search Results
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.