To obtain information about Forcht Broadcasting (size, executives and their backgrounds, history, etc), as well as specific information for each station in their portfolio. This research would be used in preparing for a meeting with the company.
About Forcht Broadcasting
- Forcht Broadcasting has "25 small market radio stations, in nine markets, in three states".
- WAIN, which is located in Columbia, Kentucky, is its first station. This station was acquired in 1983 by the owner of Forcht Broadcasting, Terry Forcht.
- After the acquisition in 1983, the company has grown to become one of the largest radio groups in Kentucky. Most of its staff are veteran radio professionals, however, some are newcomers to the radio industry.
- The company takes pride in the fact the radio industry has recognized many of its staff for their excellence.
- Forcht Broadcasting is headquartered in Corbin, Kentucky. Its primary markets are in Kentucky, Illinois, and Indiana, however, this broadcast company has listeners all over the United States.
List of Radio Stations
- WHOP Lite 98.7 FM: This stations plays lite rock and adult contemporary music.
- WHOP 1230 AM and 95.3 FM: Here, the station focuses on 'NewsRadio' or news talk.
Campbellsville, Greensburg, Kentucky
- WCKQ FM, My Q 104.1: Located in Campbellsville, this station focuses on "Hot Adult Contemporary" content.
- Located in Greensburg, the WGRK FM KCountry 105.7 is a station that airs mainstream country content.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.