Regulatory Overview of Oil Country Tubular Goods
To obtain a regulatory and manufacturing/safety standards overview for selling products related to oil country tubular goods (OCTG) in order to understand the barriers to becoming a player in the OCTG market. The overviews should be guided by previously identified companies (e.g., Tenaris, Vallourec, TMK, U.S. Steel Tubular, Voest Alpine A.G., and Evraz Group S.A).
- Growth in the OCTG market is noted to be hindered by fluctuations in steel prices. However, the market overall is expected to grow by 7.02% (CAGR for 2019-2025).
- "A number of countries have imposed antidumping or countervailing measures, or other barriers, against OCTG and other pipe products from China, including the European Union, Canada, Russia, and Mexico."
- The American Petroleum Institute (API) seems to have a treasure trove of information related to the OCTG industry. The API catalog contains publications on barriers and the OCTG market (e.g.,"Field Inspection of New Casing, Tubing, and Plain-End Drill Pipe").
- The US, China, and Russia are the most important global markets in the OCTG industry, due to the high consumption of OCTG and hydrocarbon activity.
- The Asian-Pacific and North American markets have the highest demand-generating geographies in the OCTG industry.
- The Middle East is the largest premium connection market in the OCTG industry, due to sour gas discoveries, longer expected well life, and risk averseness.
- Legal issues within the OCTG market seem especially complicated and convoluted as can be seen from a reopened case involving Tenaris and CV profit caps. The case, Husteel Co., Ltd., et al., v. United States, was issued in September 2015.
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.