Remarkable and Controversial CEO Statements Goal
To provide additional remarkable or provoking CEO/President statements concerning the corona crisis of mid-to-large sized companies in Europe that will include the company name, CEO/President name, and the quote/statement of the CEO/President.
World Economic Forum
- Professor Klaus Schwab, Founder, and CEO of the World Economic Forum made some remarks in recognition of the important role played by the forum in the creation of the Global Fund, GAVI, as well as the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovation (CEPI). The pre-recorded remarks were aired during an EU-hosted event.
- “Every business is challenged today to contribute with its knowhow and with its resources to the solution of this challenge, of this problem, which is of utmost significance for the future of humankind.”
- Professor Schwab also added, “We would like to assure you, that business as far as the Forum can mobilize it, is behind this initiative and we will support you in any way we can."
European Research Council
- The European Research Council president, EU’s top scientist, Professor Mauro Ferrari, handed his resignation after failing to convince Brussels to prepare a large-scientific program in readiness to counter Covid-19.
- Professor Ferrari handed his resignation to the EU commission president in the first week of April 2020.
- “I have been extremely disappointed by the European response to Covid-19. I arrived at the ERC a fervent supporter of the EU [but] the Covid-19 crisis completely changed my views, though the ideals of international collaboration I continue to support with enthusiasm.”
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.