- The global online clothing rental market is expected to reach $1.9 billion by 2023.
- Rent the Runway claims to sign about 100 new brands every six months.
- The company is currently valued at $1 billion, though CEO Jennifer Hyman says their goal is to be valued at $100 billion.
- Rent the Runway was named the ninth most disruptive company in the world.
- Part of the company's target market is high school and college students that want to wear the best, but can't afford to buy it outright.
- The company is now targeting children as well, carrying sizes 3 to 12. This target is indirect, with the direct target being their parents.
- Rent the Runway has drop boxes to pick up orders around the US in places like New York City, San Francisco, Miami, and Washington D.C.
- They also have major distribution centers in both Dallas, TX and New Jersey.
- We found some proprietary research from one of our data partners which may be helpful:
Global Subscription E-commerce Market Players by Subscription Model (Daedal Research, $74)
If you'd like us to purchase this report on your behalf, just let us know!