Detroit Road Closures
Based on our previous research, identify the streets closed in 2019 in Detroit that harmed local businesses. Then, identify street closures scheduled for 2020 in Detroit that will affect businesses and neighborhoods. For each 2020 closure, determine when the closure will occur, provide a general description of the neighborhood, and name five businesses on the street.
- Businesses on Van Dyke in Detroit were concerned that the construction on I-696 could have harmed their businesses.
- For instance, the owner of Crab House Restaurant was concerned that the construction could harm their business, so they began offering delivery services.
- I-94 will have several construction projects during 2020, including between Wyoming and Second, Connor Street up to 11 Mile Road and from I-275 to U.S. 23.
- Parts of I-275 are also going to be under construction in 2020, including Ford and Six Mile.
- Eight Mile Road will have work done between I-75 and I-94.
- I-75 will also have major construction on the southbound lane.
- All of these projects will add to congestion in the city and make it harder and longer for drivers to get to work.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
As the initial research was only able to identify some project scheduled for completion in 2020, we recommend further research to determine, for the above identified 2020 closures, the date the closures will occur, provide a general description of the neighborhood the closure is in, and five business that will be affected in the area of the closure.
Additionally, there are more construction projects in Detroit scheduled for 2020. We could identify three more, focusing on neighborhood closures, and provide the date the closure will occur, a general description of the neighborhood the closure is in, and five business that will be affected in the area of the closure.
Lastly, we recommend further research to provide 5-7 insights into the affects of road closures in general on businesses in Detroit, as well as inhabitants. These could be things like businesses affected, increased commute times, and general sentiments.