Identifying Core Concerns of Residential HVAC, Electrical, and Plumbing Services Customers in the U.S.
Identify the primary concerns or desires of residential HVAC, eletrical, and plumbing services customers in the United States to inform a marketing strategy.
What HVAC Customers Want
- High-comfort: While dated, a 1996 study (What Your Customers Want) found that HVAC companies who best met the customer's desire to create a high-comfort home had the most responses.
- Reliable spokesperson: Along with displaying a theme or message of providing comfort, companies did best when they established trust by establishing a reliable, consistent handyman as the main interaction point between the company and the public. This implies that creating a single, reliable, comforting spokesperson could resonate with the public.
The 2020 Residential HVAC Statistics & Survey
- Made in America: The 2020 Residential HVAC Statistics & Survey found that having products made in America was important for 79 percent of respondents.
- The survey also found that cost is not the top priority in determining HVAC selection for 83 percent of consumers. Emphasizing "low cost" is therefore not recommended.
- The modern HVAC customer is looking for credibility. Demonstrating the company's expertise is key to receiving their request for business.
Testimonials are Important
- Customers respond well to testimonials and they should be used in marketing materials for local businesses.
- Approximately 86 percent of people will read up to 10 online reviews before trusting a local business.
Summary of Early Findings in Relation to Goals
The first hour of research involved outlining the project to determine if the requested information is available.
There is information on what customers of HVAC, electrical, and plumbing services are looking for, some of which has been provided above. Additional resources include recommended marketing strategies for similar businesses, some of which was also included above.
To complete the request and develop a full overview of what customers are looking for, we recommend the following next steps.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.