Restaurants and Cities
To determine the top ten cities based on the number of people who eat out in those cities and the top ten cities with the highest number of restaurants located within them.
Cities with the highest number of restaurants
- Based on an article that highlights the number of people per restaurant in 26 US and European major cities, the top 10, based on the number of restaurants in each city, includes New York (18,754), Paris (16,911), London (13,073
), Los Angeles (8,144
), Madrid (7,719
), Berlin (7,615
), Washington D.C. (6,705
), Chicago (5,953
), Rome (5,367
), and San Francisco (4,397).
- Another report by World Cities Culture Forum profiles the number of restaurants per 100,000 population across the world. This report has a global span unlike the first (above), which focused only on the US and Europe.
- USA Today also provides the top U.S. cities where people go out to eat all the time based on the number of restaurants per 100,000 residents. Furthermore, it provides the population and the annual restaurant sales per capita.
Top cities based on the number of who eat out
- There isn't any report or survey that highlights the top cities based on the highest number of restaurants located within them.
- However, analysts in 2015, compiled the US cities where fast foods are eaten the most based on number of times in a month. This includes Miami (19), Houston (17.9), Greensboro (17), Dallas (16.8), San Francisco (16.7), Washington DC and Atlanta (16.4), Los Angeles and Macon (16.3), and Charlotte and Oklahoma (16.2).
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.