Retail Media and Shopper Media
To better understand how retail (consumers) and etail (customers) are converging, analyze the retail and retail media offerings of Amazon, Walmart, and Target.
- Amazon bought Whole Foods and began the blurring of the lines between retail and ecommerce. The deal was finalized on August 28, 2017. This deal gave Amazon a physical presence, in addition to the large online presence it already had.
- Kohls and Amazon also partnered to allow customers to return Amazon purchases at Kohls locations rather than shipping them back to Amazon.
- In September 2018, Amazon rebranded Amazon Media Group, Amazon Marketing Services, and Amazon Advertising Platform as Amazon Advertising.
- Amazon Advertising offers products to third-party sellers on the Amazon platform which allow them to "find, attract, and engage" Amazon customers. Options available include sponsored products and brands, an Amazon store, custom ads, display ads, and video ads.
- In addition to the marketing tools, Amazon Advertising offers education to help people get up to speed on the available offerings. There are scheduled webinars, a learning console where the user controls the pace, and case studies which show how companies used the services to grow their business.
- Reporting tools are provided to all Amazon Advertising customers, and the tools track ads both on and off the Amazon platform.
Amazon Sponsored Products
- According to the website, sponsored products can be used by "professional sellers, vendors, book vendors, Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) authors, and agencies," the products must be in an eligible category, and the product must be eligible for the Buy Box.
- Sponsored Products get placed on the first page of search results when the product meets the customer's search criteria. Charges are based on clicks so the company can set their budget and know it will not be exceeded.
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.