Texas Electricity Providers
To provide a competitive landscape of TXU and/or Reliant and the media habits of their targeted segments.
- TXU Energy, established in 1882, is a private retail electricity provider under its parent company Energy Future Holdings Corporation (EFH).
- The company provides electricity retail services to homes, apartments, and small, medium, and large businesses. They have an estimated total of 558 employees.
- TXU Energy is headquartered at Irving, Texas Dallas-fort Worth Metropolitan Area. They have an estimated annual revenue of $24.1 million.
- The company's competitve advantage is its customized/personalized services. They also proovide a 60 day free trial for first time customers. To support their custmers during this pandemic, they are offering flexible payment options, so that customers who need more time to pay can be given deferred payment plan.
- TXU Energy customers also enjoy perks such as cash back loyalty reward, bill credits, and the refer-a-friend program.
- The company's pricing ranges between 9.5¢ and 18.2¢. They offer homeowners a near "50% discount when their usage rises above 1200 kWh." They also offer plans for renewable energy sources.
- Reliant Energy, established in 2000 is a private subsidiary of NRG Energy Inc. They provide competitive and affordable electricity plans at a fixed and variable prices to more than 1.5 million residential and commercial electricity consumers in Texas.
- Together with the electricity plans offered, they also provide services such as paperless billing, automatic payment, energy-saving tips, and a weekly summary email.
- Reliant's plans have a monthly timeline which help consumers avoid long-term contracts and cancellation fees. Their plans also cover renewable energy sources.
- The company is headquartered at Houston, Texas. They have an estimated 450 employees, and $72 million in annual revenue.
- Reliant offers 5 electricity plans, they are Clear Flex at $0.107/ kWh
, Secure Advantage at $0.107/ kWh, Truly Free 7 Days at $0.141/ kWh, Truly Free Weekends at $0.141/ kWh, and Truly Free Nights at $0.152/ kWh. They also offer value added plans for renters and sports fans.
- Reliant's competitive advantage lies in its competitive pricing and range of plans. In addition, their customers don't have to pay cancellation fees as they are billed monthly. Their customers are also allowed extra time to pay their bills.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.