To obtain statistics that demonstrate the distribution of rowhouses/rowhomes by state in the US.
- Although rowhouses are common in select cities, they are a rare type of housing in the US. It is the main type of housing in Albany, Pittsburgh, Richmond, and Philadelphia.
- Rowhouses are associated with overcrowding, poor lighting, limited space, and architectural monotony. It is also associated with other environmental limitations.
- Newly constructed rowhouses are paying closer attention to these issues and are presenting an improved standard across Louisville, Detroit, Philadelphia, San Francisco, and Chicago.
- As time goes by, these homes are gaining in popularity due to several factors such as low construction costs and land space requirements for each unit. The public interest in purchasing and owning these homes is increasing.
- This market generally attracts married couples under 25 years and those over 55 years.
Rowhouses in Cities
Summary of our Early Findings
- Our initial one-hour research was unable to provide overall statistics for rowhouses/rowhomes in the US. It is clear that this information may not be available on a US-wide scale, but may be available for cities where this home type is prevalent.
- For this reason, our research path may be more successful in providing insights for the most prominent cities.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.