To help with a sales pitch, understand the global media needs of Salesforce, a well as a breakdown of their global business.
- Salesforce operates in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific. For the fiscal year ending January 31, the total revenue was $13.282 billion with $9.445 billion attributed to the Americas, $2.553 billion attributed to Europe, and $1,284 billion attributed to Asia Pacific. Based on those numbers, 71% (9.445/13.282) of Salesforce business is from the Americas.
- Revenues in Europe and Asia pacific increased by 31% in 2019 compared to 2018. According to Salesforce annual report, this was attributed to increased acceptance of their services outside the Americas, more international marketing, and investing in additional international resources.
- Salesforce spent $4.671 billion on sales and marketing in 2018 and that increased to $6.064 billion in 2019. This was an increase of 29.8% [(6.064-4.671)/4.671*100].
- In May 2019, Salesforce launched the $125 million Europe Trailblazer Fund. The goal of the fund is to support enterprise cloud startups. By supporting innovative cloud startups Salesforce believes they can better support their customers.
- In the 3rd quarter of 2018, the top Salesforce products in the APAC region were "Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and the marketing cloud."
- "Salesforce grew its overall market share position and increased its revenue more than any other Customer Relationship Management (CRM) vendor. In fact, Salesforce increased its market share in 2018 by more percentage points than the rest of the top 15 CRM vendors combined." According to Alex Dayon, president and chief strategy officer, "As the latest IDC Tracker shows, Salesforce's relentless focus on delivering CRM innovation and customer success has fueled our growth worldwide, and solidified our leadership in the market that we pioneered 20 years ago."
- Salesforce in Europe claimed that 7 in 10 sales win in the first quarter of 2019 involved conversations with the CEO at the target company.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.