Scented Candles Market
To understand how many scented candle vessels are thrown away or recycled every year.
GLOBAL CANDLE MARKET
- The global scented candle market is set to reach $4.22 billion, increasing at a CAGR of 5.8% by 2024, with North America holding a 32% market share, or $1.35 billion (4.22 billion x .32).
- The US prestige/luxury candle market is worth $101.9 million.
- Yankee Candle holds a 46% share of the candle market.
- The global candle market, in general, is growing at a CAGR of 4.26% and will reach $13 billion by 2023, with North America making up 36.94% of the market.
- Some 35% of all US candle sales occur during the Christmas holiday season.
- As of 2015, Yankee Candles was selling 200 million candles per year.
- If we assume Yankee Candles' is still producing 200 million candles per year, we can use its industry market share of 46% to estimate the number of candles sold every year, which would result in approximately 435 million (200 million / .46).
CANDLES THROWN AWAY
- During the Christmas season, it is thought that hundreds of thousands of candles end up in landfills, and their plastic casings could remain there for 1,000 years.
- Candle wax is not recyclable, meaning many candle vessels likely end up in landfills rather than being recycled, as recycling takes the extra step of cleaning out the vessel.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.