Commercial Plumbing Contractors Trends
To find information on the industry trends in the commercial plumbing contractors space for the following industries: hospitality, chain restaurants, property management, medical centers, shopping centers, and commercial office centers.
- In 2020, the market size of the U.S. plumbing industry is valued at $113 billion.
- Within the industry, there is a total of 121,876 businesses and an industry employment of 518,031.
- The products and services that make up this industry include general plumbing services, mechanical services, building sprinkler system installation, steamfitting and piping services, and lawn sprinkler installation.
- The business trends that are evident in the industry include the industry being dominated by independent owner-operated businesses and franchises such as Roto-Rooter.
- Additional trends within the plumbing industry include companies not being able to rely on low pricing to differentiate from the competition, technology use as a way to standout from competition, going online to connect with new customers, and the data playing a bigger part in business decision-making than intuition.
- A list of the top 10 trends that are expected in the plumbing industry in 2020 was published by Service Titan.
- The trends include: more job opportunities in the industry, improvement of the gender gap, digital marketing strategy being more important than ever, plumbing as a growing part of the smart homes trend, modern payment processing being a must in 2020, employees caring more about workplace happiness and career fulfillment, water efficiency solutions growing in popularity at a fast pace, customers expecting service, but continuing to want an experience, consumers increasingly relying on online reviews before selecting a service, and millennial workers expecting employers to communicate with them via chat/text.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.