COVID Exposure Notification Application
To find information on COVID exposure notification mobile applications for Google and Apple that utilize a combination of GPS and Bluetooth functionality. An example of such an app is Citizen's SafeTrace.
- A total of 6 out of 57 states and territories are using the Apple-Google exposure notification API to build applications i.e. Alabama, Arizona, Nevada, North Dakota, Virginia, and Wyoming.
- Each of the above states exposure notification app has been branded as follows: Alabama - GuideSafe, Arizona - COVID Watch, Nevada - COVID Trace, North Dakota - Care19 Alert, Wyoming - Care19 Alert, and Virginia - COVIDWISE.
- North Dakota and Wyoming use the same app i.e. Care19 Alert for exposure notification.
- According to TechCrunch, exposure notification apps that use the Apple-Google technology include COVID SafePaths, CoEpi, COVID Shield, CovidSafe, COVID Trace, Zero, and Covid Watch.
- Virginia's COVIDWISE app will be used as an example and findings will be populated on the project spreadsheet.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.