Self Help Books
Find how many self-help books were published in 2018 and 2019, along with how many sold, not including mental health or illness for a competitive landscape.
- Self-improvement books have done well in recent years, with a slew of new titles appearing in 2015 and 2016. This is now an $800 million market that’s growing 6% per year. There were no major blockbusters such as The Secret, but a good number of other popular titles were released and sold well.
- Good Reads publishes the most popular books by year. They also publish a list of the most popular self-help books.
- Barnes & Noble publishes self-help books by date published.
- Barnes & Noble currently has 401 self-help books that can be pre-ordered that are due to be published soon.
- The New York Times has an Advice, How-To & Miscellaneous best-seller list.
- There are multiple lists that state the best or top self-help books, but they are not separated by year.
- Amazon lists the most popular self-help books and breaks it down into over twenty different categories.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
Our initial research did not provide any populated lists with the information needed. Therefore, we recommend going forward by using the multiple lists we have found and combining them to find how many self-help books were published in 2018 and 2019, title, author, and publisher. We will also provide the top 15-20 best selling self-help books for 2018 and 2019. We will not include any books that deal with mental health or illness.
Alternatively, we could provide the top 15-20 self-help books published in 2018 and 2019, providing author, publisher, and copies sold. We will not include any books that deal with mental health or illness.