Senior Housing Referral Services
To obtain a market analysis of senior living referral services in the U.S. to include identification of some top players and marketing insights, in order to obtain data that will allow for successful targeting of the same demographic.
- A Place for Mom is the largest senior housing referral service in the United States.
- The second largest national player in the industry is Caring.com.
- Smaller regional services are also entering the market, including Ruby Care Senior Living Advisors, Care Patrol, and Discovery Senior Living
- According to Craft, the top competitors for A place for Mom include Care Visions, Sevacare, South Coast Nursing Homes, and Runwood Homes. An in-depth look at each company would need to be conducted to determine if they are indeed players in the senior housing referral industry.
- In January 2020, A place for Mom launched a marketing campaign featuring heir long-time spokesperson Joan Lunden, In the ads, Lunden speaks directly to caregivers about how the service can help them and their loved ones.
- The campaign includes four 30-second TV spots, several 15-second spots, billboards, mobile banners, and radio and digital campaigns.
Top Cities for Seniors
- An article in USA Today identified the top 30 cities for older Americans. The top five were Rochester, MN, Sioux Falls, SD, Iowa City, IA, Grand Island, NE, and Wausau, WI.
Summary of Findings Related to Goals
- During our initial search, we were able to identify the largest two players in the senior housing referral industry in the U.S., but did not find any publicly available rankings of other key players in the space.
- Since one purpose of this research is to uncover how to successfully market to the demographic targeted by these referral services, we thought it would be helpful to understand some top cities for seniors, as this may provide a larger relevant audience.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.