To understand the shoppable capabilities as well as examples of good work of commerce platforms and retail media partners such as Amazon, Walmart, Target, 84.51 (Kroeger), Kenshoo, Criteo, Valassis, Instagram and Pinterest.
During our preliminary research, we were able to uncover the shoppable capabilities, and examples of these capabilities, for Amazon, Walmart, and Target. Below is an overview of our early findings.
- Amazon currently provides shoppable capabilities including recipes, pictures/picture feeds, and live shoppable videos.
- In November 2017, Amazon teamed up with Fexy Media to offer shoppable recipes that could be ordered through Amazon Prime.
- In addition, in April 2018, Amazon teamed up with Instacart and Chicory to offer shoppable recipes to Amazon users.
- The company provided this service through their Amazon Fresh arm.
- These recipes are offered across multiple other sites including Betty Crocker, Food & Wine, and Perdue.com.
- Also, in July 2017, Amazon launched Amazon Spark, which is a feed of shoppable photos, similar to Instagram.
- Just this year, Amazon launched Amazon Live, which allows users to watch live shoppable videos.
- Walmart currently provides shoppable recipe capabilities.
- In August of this year, Walmart partners with Buzzfeed's Tasty to provide an in-app feature that will allow users to take the ingredients found in a Tasty video and add them to their Walmart grocery cart.
- Target currently provides shoppable capabilities on their Instagram profiles and shoppable recipes.
- In order to boost sales, Target began joined the Like2Buy program that allowed them to post shoppable photos to their Instagram profiles.
- In September 2019, Target partnered with Cooklist to provide shoppable recipes.
- Through the Cooklist app, users can find recipes and put ingredients straight into their Target cart.
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
In order to provide a more in-depth overview of the shoppable capabilities and examples of commerce platforms and retail media partners, we suggest diving deeper with additional research to look at 1) 84.51 (Kroeger), Kenshoo, and Criteo, and 2) Valassis, Instagram and Pinterest. For each company, we will provide an overview of their shoppable capabilities and 2-3 specific examples of these capabilities. This will be a US focus unless you have another geographic focus in mind.
We also suggest identifying 2-3 additional commerce platforms or retail media partners that offer shoppable capabilities. For each company, we will provide an overview of their shoppable capabilities and 2-3 specific examples of these capabilities. This will be a US focus unless you have another geographic focus in mind.