Short-term Investment for Business
Find short-term institution-based investments for overseas cash reserves in the UK for a business decision. Short-term will be defined as less than 12 months.
- Short-term investments are defined as those that span less than 3 years.
- Safety of investment/asset is one of the most important factors when it comes to short-term investments.
The best short-term investments are those that offer maximum safety in terms of returning the investment whenever needed. Following are the best short-term investments:
- Savings accounts
- Short-term corporate bond funds
- Short-term government bond funds
- Money market accounts
- Certificates of deposit
- Cash management accounts
Some of the best savings accounts in the UK are offered by Bank of London and Middle East and Al Rayan Bank offering 2.1% and 2.07% interest rates respectively. Other notable savings accounts are:
- Marcus Online Savings Account
(Interest rate: 1.5%)
- Chelsea Building Society (Interest rate: 1.4%)
- Yorkshire Building Society
(Interest rate: 1.4%)
- Sainsbury's Bank (Interest rate: 1.39%)
- AA Easy Saver (Interest rate: 1.36%)
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
The requested information is readily available. We recommend conducting additional research into each of the best short-term investments options (mentioned above), with details covering major vendors, new account requirements, interest rates, etc.