Connecticut Towns Livability
To establish that the Connecticut cities, New Haven, Hartford, and Stamford are capable of attracting and retaining millennials by providing statistics and insights on the cities' vibrant/diverse cultures, quality of life and millennial-appealing attractions.
Comparison of New Haven to New York
Insights on New Haven's Migration Attractiveness
- According to findings from the U.S. Census Bureau’s 2017 American Community Survey, millennials account for 22% of the entire population of the New Haven-Milford area, and 75% of all recent movers into the area.
- As of 2017, the median income for all millennials moving into the New Haven-Milford area was $54,800. The town alone is home to 20 biotech companies.
- According to a 2017 study, all millennials in New Haven could afford to buy 29% of the available housing.
- New Haven is home to growing technology incubation and maker spaces such as MakeHaven and District New Haven, which has an innovation campus where about 50 companies and startups work.
- According to the National Venture Capital Association, New Haven had the third highest annual venture capital investments nation-wide from 2013 through 2018.
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.