SimpliSafe: Press Scan
To identify recent positive and negative press coverage on SimpliSafe.
Flaw in SimpliSafe Home Alarm System
- In an article published in February 2020, Cyware Social claimed that houses of more than 300,000 individuals were in danger due to an issue with SimpliSafe home alarm system.
- The details surrounding the flaw were:
- According to the article, hackers can gain full access to the alarm system and disable it, resulting in thefts and intrusion.
Summary of Early Findings
- Our first hour of research was spent scanning for recent news about SimpliSafe to determine whether the information was publicly available, which it is. We defined "recent" as the past year and limited our search to the last 12 months. One of the news headlines was included in the early findings.
- Please select one or more of the options provided in the scoping section below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.