To determine the market size of drayage trucking in the US and Califonia as well as other stats relating to the operations of the industry, such as the number of trucks, miles traveled, fuel consumed, major ports, and the total value of goods delivered.
- The drayage industry currently transports over $200 billion worth of goods and materials per annum in the United States.
- There are more than 60 million drayage movements each year in North America, according to a report by the Intermodal Association of North America (IANA).
- The size of the US drayage service industry is currently valued at $60 billion, while the Californian segment of this market is currently placed at $15 billion according to estimates provided by NEXT Trucking.
- About 18,000 drayage trucks operate in the San Pedro port alone, the largest port in the country, and 97% of those truckers rely on diesel engines to power their trucks.
- According to a recent study, there's been an increase in the number of intermodal transportation movements in the US. 18.9 million trailers, containers, and other equipment were shipped intermodally in 2018.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.