VC Funding: EdTech and Health Tech
To obtain the total size/amount of venture capital (VC) funding focused on education technology (EdTech), as well as the amount VC funding focused on healthcare technology (health tech). Also, to obtain data that shows how much funding is early stage versus late stage (for example, seed round, series A, series B or later).
- According to EdSurge, the total venture funding in the United States was $130.9 billion as of 2018. Out of this amount, education startups received a total of $1.45 billion from VCs; this represents just 1.1% of the total venture funding last year.
- In 2018, 112 venture capital investment deals were focused on education in the United States.
- Data provided by NIX United reveals that EdTech venture capital companies all over the world are beginning to embrace the market.
- As of 2014, global VC investments in the EdTech market were under $2 billion. However, within four years, this market experienced substantial growth. By 2018, the EdTech market recorded venture capital investments worth over $8 billion.
- According to a report by Mercom Capital Group, the total venture capital funding received by digital health companies globally was $5.1 billion in the first half of 2019.
- In 2018, VC investments worth $4.9 billion was received by digital health companies globally.
- However, the digital health VC funds raised in the first half of 2019 were provided in fewer deals. This was done in 318 deals compared to 383 deals in the previous year.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.