Educational Robotics Market
To provide an estimate of the size of the educational robotics market globally, and in the United States, France, China, United Kingdom, and Germany. This information will be used to help a client initiate a strategy associated with educational robotics in these markets.
Educational Robotics Industry Definition
- Educational robotics are designed to enhance the learning process for students, making it simpler and more efficient.
- The market comprises a combination of physical resources, podiums, activities and curricula.
- Robots are systems that include sensors, control systems, power supplies, and software.
- Educational robots have advanced mechanical capabilities, including voice control and gestures. They facilitate learning in science, technology, engineering, art, and math (STEAM), as well as languages and computer programming, amongst other areas.
- An example of robotics in education include a humanoid, social, robot, developed by Softbank Robotics, teaching children vocabulary. Another example includes the use of robots to bridge the communication gaps among children with special needs, specifically autism.
- Technological advancements in the field of robotics are driving educational robotics market growth.
Educational Robotics Global Market Size and Growth
- The educational robotics global market size is currently estimated between $688 million and $785 million.
- The market is expected to grow at an annual CAGR of over 16% until 2027.
- Market size estimates between 2026 and 2027 range from $2.5 billion to $3.1 billion.
- Most industry definitions include hardware, electronics, and programmable or intelligent software and software services involved in the educational robotics industry. Education sectors include elementary and high school, higher education, and special education.
- Technologies, including increased digitization, AI, and machine learning, are driving growth in this industry.
- Global EdTech startup funding was nearly $3 billion in 2015, a growth rate of 58%.
- Major global educational robotics companies include Softbank robotics, Hanson robotics, Wonder Workshop, and Blue Frog Robotics.
Educational Robotics Market In Key Countries
- In 2017, the Americas accounted for 47% of the Educational Robotics market. Recent reports suggests that due to the early-adoption of robotics technology in the Americas, and the corporate focus of robotics in this area, demand will continue to be high in this region. While specific information is not available for the United States alone, if the Americas maintain their market share going forward, the industry size would be estimated between $1.2 billion and $1.4 billion (47% share of $2.5 billion to $3.5 billion global market size).
- Some top United States robotics companies focused on education include Sphero, Anybots and Modular Robotics.
- Artifical Intelligence, machine learning, neural networking, and big data are driving growth of the robotics industry globally, and influencing robotics startups in France.
- French robotics startup companies, with educational robotics capabilities, include Robopolis and Aldebaran Robotics (which was acquired by a top global educational robotics player, Softbank).
- Asia-Pacific (APAC) is the fastest-growing educational technology market, which includes educational robotics, globally. China is the largest EdTech market in APAC.
- Asia Pacific is projected to grow above industry growth rates.
- Chinese EdTech funding was over $1 billion in 2015.
- Makeblok is a key educational robotics company in China.
UNITED KINGDOM AND GERMANY
- UK and Germany are projected to have growth rates on par with the global industry.
Summary of Our Early Findings Relevant to the Goals
- In this first hour of research, we were able to derive a size and CAGR estimate for the global educational robotics market, based on numerous sources, which largely converged, based on consistent market definitions, geographies, and educational segment definitions.
- Individual country market size and growth projections were unavailable in public sources, but appear to be available for a fee in numerous market research reports covering the industry dynamics in detail. We were able to determine that Asia-Pacific is the largest growth opportunity for educational technology and educational robotics, North America (including the United States) owns the largest industry market share (due to its early entrance into the market and focus on robotics technology), and European countries (including Germany, France, and the UK) are expected to achieve growth rates on par with the global industry.
- We also identified key global market players in the industry, as well as several technologies driving the growth of the industry (include AI, big data, neural networks, and machine learning).
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
- Our recommendations are based on the information we were able to uncover in this first hour of research.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.