Out of Home Advertising Market - US
To determine the size, growth projection, and major players in the out of home advertising market in the US, specifically those related to mobility and transportation ex. digital billboards on taxi/car tops, bus and taxi ads, etc. Research will be used for a business pitch in this market.
DIGITAL OOH MARKET SIZE - US
- According to PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), the digital out-of-home (OOH) advertising market in the US is estimated at $10 billion in 2018 and projected to grow to $11.5 billion in 2022 or at 3.56% CAGR.
- The Out of Home Advertising Association of America (OAAA) reported in 2018 that public transportation together with hotels and resorts had a total OOH advertising spend of $535.6 million in 2018. (This latest report does not have a separate breakdown for transit advertising only.)
- OAAA's earlier report in 2015 determined the transit advertising revenue to be $1.3 billion, comprising 18% of the overall OOH revenue.
- The OAAA report stated the following number of OOH displays in 2016: 68,560 in airports, 205,426 in buses, 184,078 in subway and rail, 1,200 in mobile billboards, 2,732 truckside vehicles, 46,194 in taxis/wrapped vehicles, and 3,760 in digital transit.
- The U.S. Transportation Research Board also reported in 2012 that almost $1 billion is spent annually on public transit advertising.
GLOBAL OOH MARKET SIZE AND GROWTH
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.