Skateboarding Audience and Culture
To understand the Skateboarding audience by finding their demographics, behaviors, interests, affinities, and media platforms/digital engagement.
- "The average skateboarder in the United States is a white male, 14 years old, and comes from a household with an average income level of $50,000 or more."
- About 16% of women or girls in the skateboarding industry are core skater.
- In 2017, nearly 45% of self-identified skateboarders were aged 12-17 years.
- "8.6% of American youth have ridden a skateboard in the last year."
- 3,150,000 American youth (or 1.7% of all youth, and 20% of those that have “stepped on” a skateboard in the last year) are core skaters.
- "Of all skaters, 77.1% are male, whereas 83.4% of core skaters are male.
23.9% of all skaters are female, while 16.6% of all core skaters are female."
- Nearly $80 billion is spent in the United States each year on "urban streetwear, which is the preferred fashion for those in skateboarding culture."
- Almost 80% say that they prefer to shop for "small brands or independent manufacturers for their equipment instead of shopping for the bigger name-brands in the skateboarding industry."
- Three percent of skateboards are bought within a sporting goods or sports supply store.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.