Skin Cancer and Melanoma Market Research
Determine the competitive landscape of the skin cancer and melanoma market. The information will be used to steer the direction of a company and to raise funding.
SKIN CANCER AND MELANOMA MARKET SIZE AND GROWTH
- Globally, the major players in the market include Amgen, Inc., the Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Merck & Co., Inc., Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., and others.
- Some of the startups in the skin cancer and melanoma sector include BioNTech, Oncorus, Iovance Biotherapeutics, DermTech, Skin Vision, and others.
- Melanoma is 20 times more prevalent in Caucasians compared to Blacks.
- Overall, the lifetime incidence rates of acquiring the disease is "2.5% (1 in 40) for whites, 0.1% (1 in 1,000) for blacks, and 0.5% (1 in 200) for Hispanics."
- Around 96,480 Americans are anticipated to have a melanoma diagnosis in 2019.
- The condition is also the most prevalent cancer type among the 25 to 29-year-old age group in the United States.
- For those who are in the 15 to 29 age group, the disease is the "3rd most common for men and the 4th most common for women."
- The average age of those who will have this disease is around 63.
- Around 7,000 Americans are seen to expire from the disease in 2019.
- Of this number, 4,740 are men and 2,490 are women.
MELANOMA DIAGNOSTIC TOOLS
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.