Smart City Projects
To identify 2-3 smart city projects for the cities of Ho Chi Minh, Hanoi, Mumbai, and New Delhi and provide the project name, 1-2 sentence description, the companies or entities involved, and any available investment data if publicly shared. The information will be used to make an investment decision.
Ho Chi Minh
The Ho Chi Minh smart city project is divided into four key components:
- Besides these, the city has also approved the development of a Smart Urban Operation Centre (phase 1) which will be based at the City People’s Committee office.
- Ho Chi Minh is also promoting the use of AI to accomplish its smart city projects. In this regard, the city has launched projects for 5G coverage as well as the installation of IoT broadcasting stations throughout the city.
- Information on all of these project packages has been provided in the shared spreadsheet.
- In October 2019, Hanoi launched its first smart city project, the Nhat Tan-Noi Bai smart city project. This project is supported by Hanoi’s People’s Committee, BRG Group and Japan’s Sumitomo Corporation Group. This project focuses on smart urban planning along the 11-km long Nhat Tan-Noi Bai route.
- The approximately US $4.2 billion worth project is divided into five phases and is expected to be completed by 2028. It covers an area of 272 hectares.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.