Smart Mobility and Smart Logistics - SE Asia
Identify the market size of the smart mobility market in SE Asia, as well as the market sizes of its subcategories: smart city, shared mobility, electric charging, mobility-related fintech, and smart logistics markets. Focus in particular on smart mobility and smart logistics.
- For the smart cities market, the Asia-Pacific region is expected to have the fastest CAGR in the world between 2018 and 2025, at 24.3%. This high growth rate is mostly due to large government initiatives in China, Singapore, India, and South Korea.
- Spending on technologies to enable smart cities programs in the Asia Pacific region, excluding Japan, was around $28.3 billion in 2018.
- The total spending on the IoT in the Asia Pacific Region is expected to reach $59 billion by 2020.
- The combined revenue of Western Europe and Asia-Pacific for the IoT software in the logistics sector market was $184 million in 2015.
- In Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, the city plans to launch an Intelligent Transport System that will invest $250 million on smart technology to manage transport infrastructure.
- In Vietnam, the smart home market revenue reached $105 million in 2019.
- Vietnam's logistics market is expected to be worth $113.3 billion in 2023.
- In 2018, Myanmar announced a $2.5 billion urban redevelopment master plan for the Yangon region. The plan's goal is to develop Yangon into an attractive international port and logistics hub.
- Thailand's smart home market reached a revenue of $111 million in 2019.
- In Thailand, public and private actors invested $1 million in Phuket, $1 million in Chiang Mai, and $425,000 in Khon Kaen to develop smart mobility.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
Based on our preliminary research, we found limited information on the market size of smart mobility or smart logistics for South East Asia. We could continue our research into these markets by expanding to the Asia Pacific region as a whole. We would look for market size, CAGR, and key companies in the market.
Alternatively, we found that more detailed information about the smart mobility market was available when looking at specific countries. So, we recommend breaking up the smart mobility market by the countries of South East Asia (Brunei, Myanmar, Cambodia, Timor-Leste, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam). For each country, we would search for the market size of the smart mobility market in SE Asia, as well as the market sizes of its subcategories: smart city, shared mobility, electric charging, mobility-related fintech, and smart logistics markets.