Smart Mobility and Smart Logistics - SE Asia
Identify the market size of the smart mobility market in SE Asia, as well as the market sizes of its subcategories: smart city, shared mobility, electric charging, mobility-related fintech, and smart logistics markets. Focus in particular on smart mobility and smart logistics.
- For the smart cities market, the Asia-Pacific region is expected to have the fastest CAGR in the world between 2018 and 2025, at 24.3%. This high growth rate is mostly due to large government initiatives in China, Singapore, India, and South Korea.
- Spending on technologies to enable smart cities programs in the Asia Pacific region, excluding Japan, was around $28.3 billion in 2018.
- The total spending on the IoT in the Asia Pacific Region is expected to reach $59 billion by 2020.
- The combined revenue of Western Europe and Asia-Pacific for the IoT software in the logistics sector market was $184 million in 2015.
- In Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, the city plans to launch an Intelligent Transport System that will invest $250 million on smart technology to manage transport infrastructure.
- In Vietnam, the smart home market revenue reached $105 million in 2019.
- Vietnam's logistics market is expected to be worth $113.3 billion in 2023.
- In 2018, Myanmar announced a $2.5 billion urban redevelopment master plan for the Yangon region. The plan's goal is to develop Yangon into an attractive international port and logistics hub.
- Thailand's smart home market reached a revenue of $111 million in 2019.
- In Thailand, public and private actors invested $1 million in Phuket, $1 million in Chiang Mai, and $425,000 in Khon Kaen to develop smart mobility.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.