Social Media Platforms Year End Reviews
To determine whether Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Snapchat, Lasso, Spotify, Pinterest, Twitch and Reddit published any year in review or similar content.
In our initial research, we were unable to locate any initiatives or programs by Lasso or Pinterest that recapped end of the year or other regular recap programs.
- On December 5, 2018, Twitter posted a video entitled In 2018 #This Happened.
- The 38 second video recounted the top tweet, number of hashtags, most retweeted tweet, and the most liked tweet of 2018.
- Facebook does not publish a video recounting Facebook events, however, the site does have an annual press release that mainly highlights how communities interacted on Facebook throughout the year.
- In addition, each user recieves a personalized Year in Review video featuring pictures, likes, and posts from the previous year.
- On December 12, 2018, Instagram released a year recap video entitled Top Instagram Trends of 2018.
- The video lasts a minute twelve seconds and highlights the most appearances in captions, top viral dance challenge, most popular face filter, most followed niche trend, top fandom communities, top advocacy hashtags, most loved themes, and most popular giphy.
- YouTube Rewind is the video produced by the channel to highlight the moments that defined the year.
- The 2018 Rewind video is considered one of the most disliked videos of the year.
We were unable to locate a SnapChat year in review that recounts the brand as a whole.
- At the end of each year, SnapChat offers a Year End Story recap to all of its users.
- The original feature title was Year in Review. It is one of the most popular features on SnapChat.
- Spotify has a yearly recap of most streamed songs and artists of the year called Wrapped.
- Wrapped also has interactive areas where users can access their personal music journey throughout the year.
- In December 2018, Reddit posted a Year in Review of the official blog page.
- The blog post recapped the most upvoted posts, top upvoted comments, largest new communities, most comments per post, and more.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.