Fashion Company Social Media Review
To review the social media channels for the following companies — LVMH, VF Corp, Kering Group, Inditex. For each company we will look at the following social media channels — LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube.
- LVMH is a French multinational corporation specializing in luxury goods. The conglomerate's portfolio includes 75 different brands, including 17 fashion and leather goods houses.
- In the attached spreadsheet, details of the company's social media pages are given. Selected details are provided below:
- LinkedIn is used to provide information about current job opportunities at the company, as well as the company's values and employee initiatives.
- Twitter is primarily used to advertise new company products and initiatives including retweets of posts from its subsidiary brands.
- Instagram is filled with inspiration for the company's style and products
- Facebook has similar posts to Instagram, featuring fashion and brand inspiration.
- YouTube features short videos on startup companies that are funded, or otherwise supported, by LVMH, as well as highlights from conferences featuring the company.
- The company does not have a typical blog but its website does have a dedicated news page with short articles about current events, and other relevant media releases. However, these articles do not support reader interactions.
- LVMH's Instagram page receives the most public interaction of all its social media channels, averaging thousands of likes per post and 10-40 comments each.
Summary of Initial Findings
- During the initial hour of research, we were able to provide the requested information in the attached spreadsheet for only one of the four given brands: LVMH. For each social media channel (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube), we answered the following questions:
- How many followers or subscribers does the company have?
- How frequently does the channel post?
- How many interactions do the posts usually get including likes, comments, and shares?
- What are the most common topics that they post about?
- Are company employees interacting with the content? If so, examples were provided.
- We also searched to determine if the company has any blogs and provided similar information for this channel. In the case of LVMH, it does not have a typical blog but the website contains a page for short news articles and media releases.
- It must be noted that the initial research found it is not possible to tell if company employees are interacting with the company's social media content except to a limited extent on LinkedIn. On LinkedIn, we can sift through the list of persons who have reacted or commented on a post and see if anyone works at the company through their profile tag line. This was done for LVMH and examples are provided in the attached spreadsheet.
- Additionally, the research focused on the social media channels of the umbrella company, LVMH. We did not look into each of its brands and subsidiaries as that would be a much larger project and not possible within the initial time constraints. However, if this is desired, please select the appropriate option in the proposed scoping section below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.