Social Media Username Registration
To understand social media websites an individual should register for before launching a website so that squatters won't snag their user name on social media.
During our preliminary research, we were able to compile a list of 21 social media sites/apps that were the most popular social media sites in 2019 based on their number of monthly active users. We listed each of them in a spreadsheet and were able to enter the monthly active users and registration link for the top five sites/apps. Because these sites/apps are so popular globally, it would be a good idea to register a username for them so no one else can snag it. Below is an overview of our preliminary findings.
- Facebook has a total of 2.23 billion monthly active users (MUAs), the most of any other social media site.
- The registration page can be found here.
- YouTube has a total of 1.9 billion MAUs.
- In order to sign up with YouTube, users just sign in through a valid Gmail account.
- WhatsApp has a total of 1.5 billion MAUs.
- WhatsApp can be downloaded on Androids, Iphones, Mac or Windows PCs, and Windows phones.
- In order to register for the app, users must either download it to their computer or phone.
- Messenger has a total of 1.3 billion MAUs.
- Users will automatically register for Messenger when you register for Facebook, as these two are connected.
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.