Social Network Holiday Advertising
To identify the holiday marketing strategies, messaging, partnerships, and focus of TikTok's competitors for the purposes of understanding what the competition is doing during this time of year.
Preliminary research indicates that there are not many examples of holiday advertising for most social network platforms; however, there are some and with deeper research, more may be uncovered.
- In 2018, Facebook Portal advertised on television with its "Ugly Sweater" 30-second commercial.
- In 2017, Hulu advertised Christmas movies with a 30-second television commercial that featured the slogan, "all your holiday TV in one place."
- In 2018, Netflix ran a 30-second television commercial called "The Christmas Chronicles," which featured a trailer for the Netflix original movie, "The Christmas Chronicles."
- A 2017 commercial for Netflix was called "Netflix Family Presents: Thanksgiving" and featured a family discussing tryptophan and family traditions such as watching football, certain foods, and watching movies on Netflix.
- Netflix's holiday advertising strategy was to lure viewers away from Hallmark and Lifetime by "modernizing the holiday programming."
- A competitive landscape for the holiday marketing strategies, messaging, images, partnerships, and focus of Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Hulu, Netflix, and YouTube has been set up on this Google spreadsheet.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.