Underserved Software Development Services
To identify some underserved software markets that are trending up and to analyze the following software categories: mobile apps, Salesforce integration, browser extensions, and VR for training. For each, we will provide the market size and the historic growth, the number of providers, job openings, size of the supporting communities, number of new software launches, the number of decommissioned software, and the cost or spend for developing the software.
Before we go into our research, it is important to note that a lot of the information, such as the size of the supporting communities, the number of new software launches, the number of decommissioned software, and the cost or spend for developing the software was difficult to find. The cost, especially, will depend on the type of software that is being developed, which means that the price will vary by type of application. We were also unable to find the number of decommissioned mobile apps. However, there were a number of blacklisted application on the different platforms. For instance, there were 25,647 apps on Google Play that RiskIQ has blacklisted. Quarterly data for the different markets was also not available as the majority of the industry reports analyze the specific industries on an yearly basis. However, we were able to find how the mobile app has grown in the last 5 years and will grow in the next 6 years. Finding such granular data, however, will depend entirely on how much industry reports have analyzed the market over the years.
Mobile App Market
- In 2018, the global mobile app market was valued at $106 billion, which is almost three times as much as its revenue in 2015, which amounted to $41.1 billion.
- The market is expected to rise to $407.3 billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 18.4%.
- As of 2019, there are 8.93 million mobile apps that are available for download, up from 7.6 million apps at the end of 2018. This means that there were over 1.3 million new apps introduced during 2019.
- There were 26,4 million software developers in 2019, but the number is expected to increase by 30.7% over the next decade.
- According to Indeed, remote job openings for mobile app developers in the last few weeks amounted to 419 positions, while there were 220 job openings in New York only.
Underserved software categories that are on the rise
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.