Software Purchasing Trends
Identify the purchasing trends for enterprise companies in off-the-shelf software and custom development over the last 5-10 years.
- Demand for custom software is increasing as more companies seek to be tech-savy.
- The average enterprise company currently has 464 custom applications deployed.
- For companies with over 50,000 employees, this number of custom applications jumps to 788.
- The number of custom applications deployed at any given company has seen a 20.5% increase, with the increase expected to continue.
- Most custom applications are intended for internal company use, like sales applications. The next largest category is for customer-facing applications, like customer scheduling, and finally the smallest category is solutions that are aimed at both customers and internal employees.
- Based on a survey of IT professionals, over half said they are more likely to use custom software than prepackaged software.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.