To find 5-10 wellness retreats/resorts for a solo traveler that has at least some of the following amenities: spa, massage, yoga, hot springs, hiking, $350-$600 per night, and a nice design aesthetic for a getaway.
- Overview: Located by a dramatic cliffside setting between the Sierra Madre Mountains and the Pacific Ocean and surrounded by a lush, tropical forest, Cala de Mar Resort & Spa Ixtapa is one of the most romantic and exclusive 5-star resorts in Mexico.
They have spectacular Pacific Ocean views, with suites having airy oceanfront terraces and individual plunge pools tucked privately away from other suites.
"Ranked by Travel & Leisure’s World’s Best Awards as #2 of ‘The Top 10 Resort Hotels in Mexico’ and #30 of ‘The Top 100 Hotels in the World’ this unforgettably secluded and private Ixtapa resort caters to the world’s most discerning travelers with gourmet dining in four captivating environments, an award-winning spa and fitness facility."
- A dedicated Personal Assistant is available to "see to any request, from extra towels for your room to arranging a cooking class with a professional chef or a full day of exhilarating activities and excursions in Ixtapa.
- Their facilities and activities include sailing, snorkeling, hiking, or exploring isolated corners of Mexico at one's leisure.
They also offer bicycles for exploring the extensive nature trails surrounding the resort.
- Pricing: roughly $339 / night (price varies depending on room and dates)
- Location: Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo.
- Overview: Miraval opened in 1995 as a sanctuary for "people hoping to acquire tools to regain balance and to restore health and happiness to their lives. A destination for the curious traveler, business-burnout escapee, and spiritual adventurer."
- Miraval became a "leader in mindfulness-based resorts and spas, created and crafted with intention and authenticity."
Their activities and services include outdoor adventures, counseling, yoga and fitness, massage, farming, Ayurveda, body renewal rituals, and others.
- Locations: Austin and Arizona
- Pricing $607 + (price varies depending on room and dates)
They offer different classes including Colon Hydro Therapy, nutritional counsel and Education, Classes on fermented foods and cleansing, organic facials, massages, and healthy and organic meals that help you detox and cleanse.
- Their activities include yoga, grounding, meditation, Soul Tours to organic gardens, waterfalls and hot springs, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, hiking, swimming with whale sharks and dolphins, snorkeling, island tours, boating, fishing and others
- Location: Baja California Sur, Mexico
- Pricing: Not publicly available.
- This was mainly included as it fit some criteria specified for this project and might be of interest. Additionally, the aforementioned options were selected as an option for a solo individual to go and have an experience, without the need to join fixed group tours.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.