The goal of this research is provide a detailed overview of SodaStream's business model with regard to its revenue, market share, marketing tactics, messaging, and competitive advantage. This research will be used to assess a potential market-entry opportunity.
- SodaStream relies heavily on influencers and celebrities, mostly targeting the health-conscious consumer who is also concerned about environmental impact.
- In one of SodaStream's campaigns, they partnered with actor Thor Bjornsson ("The Mountain" from Game of Thrones) in a few different video ads.
- In "Shame or Glory", Bjornsson appears with a fellow GoT actor, recreating a famous 'walk of shame' scene from the show. The message of this ad is the evironmental impact of buying bottled water.
- Apparently, this campaign was so successful, they were actually taken to court by Coca-Cola for their claim that bottled water directly harms the environment.
- Another video with Bjornsson features the company's new CEO in another environmental message about plastic bottles. The long version of the ads goes around SodaStream's headquarters, extolling its corporate values and great employees.
- After Game of Thrones aired its last episode, SodaStream launched another drive to encourage consumers to "say goodbye" to other things in their life, like single-use plastic bottles. Bjornsson appeared with fellow GoT actors Kristian Nairn (Hodor) and Hannah Waddingham (Septa Unella).
- Before the Say Goodbye ad, the campaign already had 50 million views and 100,000 shares. SodaStream reports their Google trends report saw a "massive surge".
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.