An analysis of medium to large software, media and entertainment companies that have moved to Connecticut in the past five years
MEDIA AND ENTERTAINMENT COMPANIES
- In 2018, ITV America, the "largest independent producer of non-scripted entertainment in the United States," relocated a significant portion of its business to Stamford, Connecticut. The company mainly operates out of New York and Los Angeles. ITV American is behind shows like Queer Eye and the Real Housewives of New Jersey.
- In October 2018, Take1, a UK-based media company, expanded its operations in the US by opening a office in Stamford. According to the company's CEO, "Stamford is the ideal location for our new offices as it is strategically located close to New York and has become quite a media hub thanks to the state’s tax credit scheme."
- In 2018, Indeed, a technology company expanded its presence in Connecticut. The company announced that it was adding 500 additional jobs to the city. Indeed is the "largest job site in the world, connecting job seekers to millions of employment listings in over 60 countries and 28 languages."Indeed originally initially opened its first Stamford office in 2017.
- Gartner Inc, and information technology company, announced in 2018 that it was expanding its Stanford office by adding 400 jobs over the next five years.
- Sema4, a health technology company, announced in 2018 that it was expanding its operations in Stamford by adding over 400 jobs over the next five years.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.