Identify 5-7 medium and large companies that have moved to Stamford in the last five years.
ITV America & Wheelhouse Entertainment
- ITV America & Wheelhouse Entertainment announced their joint move to Stamford in 2018.
- ITV is an award-winning entertainment company - "the largest independent producer of non-scripted entertainment content in the United States."
- Wheelhouse Entertainment is a newly formed entertainment company launched by Brent Montgomery, former ITV America CEO.
- ITV moved "a significant portion" of their business to Stamford while also keeping their other offices in NY and LA, while Wheelhouse Entertainment will be opening for the first time in conjunction with ITV America.
- ITV America received a $6 million loan and Wheelhouse Entertainment received $3 million for the move from Conetticut's Department of Economic and Community Development, which will be partially forgiven based on the number of jobs the company creates.
- The companies are also eligible for "film/digital media production and infrastructure tax incentives."
- The Mayor of Stamford said: "The city had numerous meetings with ITV to discuss why Stamford made sense for the production company and that 860 Canal Street was the right location for them. This move reflects a team approach between the state and the city in helping to relocate and establish companies in Connecticut. I am glad the state came through with the right incentive package, and my administration looks forward to helping ITV complete construction on the building and welcoming the new employees to Stamford as part of our expanding media family."
- The companies are set to open their joint 133,000-square-foot production center in Stamford in 2020.
- The openings will create a combined total of 450 jobs in Stamford.
- Charter Communications announced in 2017 to increase the size of its operations in Stamford to over 1,100 headquarters jobs, and move in 2019 to a much larger location.
- Octagon is moved back to Stamford after a long (13 year) period away. It brought it with 275 jobs.
- Insurer PartnerRe relocated its largest US based office from Greenwich to Stamford, bringing with it 220 jobs.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.