Unusual Dining Experiences in Connecticut
To compile a list of restaurants in Connecticut that offer patrons an unusual dining experience. Relevant examples should not pertain to the menu or décor, but rather to the experience itself. Examples might include dining in complete darkness, off of edible dishes, in furniture made out of ice, on a platform dangling from a crane, etc. For each restaurant, provide a link to its website and a description of what makes its dining experience unusual.
During this initial hour of research, we were able to find five restaurants in Connecticut that offer guests an unusual dining experience. We provided website links for each and described what makes them unusual. Our findings indicate that further research would yield little to no additional examples of such establishments.
The Place Restaurant
- The Place Restaurant is located in Guilford, CT. Its website can be found here.
- The restaurant features a backyard barbecue atmosphere where guests dine sitting on tree stumps instead of chairs.
Uncle Buck's Fish Bowl & Grill
- This is a restaurant chain with a location in Bridgeport, CT. Its website can be found here.
- Uncle Buck's Fish Bowl & Grill is a restaurant, bowling alley, and billiard hall that features an aquarium so large that diners feel like they're actually inside of it. Its website advertises an "underwater ocean experience."
The Board Room
- The Board Room is located in Middleton, CT. Its website can be found here.
- This restaurant features walls lined with shelves holding hundreds of board games that guests are encouraged to play while they dine.
East Side Restaurant
- East Side Restaurant is located in New Britain, CT. Its website can be found here.
- This restaurant aims to provide guests with an immersive dining experience where they feel like they're actually eating in Germany.
- The Traveler Restaurant is located in Union, CT. It doesn't have an official business website, but its Facebook page can be found here.
- This is a small roadside restaurant where guests eat surrounded by thousands of books and receive free books to read with their meals.
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.