Ranking 1999 to 2019 comparison
To build a list of the Fortune 100 and Global 100 companies from 1999 and 2019 in a spreadsheet for comparison. The information required is Revenue, Profits, Assets, Headcount, Industry (optional).
- Initial research found the 2019 lists for the Fortune 100 and Global 100 companies on Fortune's website. Each list provides all the data but the industry.
- The data can not be copied directly into a spreadsheet and therefore requires data entry to compile the list in a spreadsheet.
- The 1999 Fortune 100 and Global 100 lists 1999, on Fortune's website only provides the revenue information for each company.
- The 1999 Fortune 100 list is available in the Fortune archives. This provided the 1999 Fortune 100 companies, revenue and profit. This has been entered into the attached spreadsheet.
- The 1999 Fortune 100 list also provided the asset information, but would require more time to obtain as the assets are sorted by company name. The number of employees was not provided in this database or on the Fortune 100 list for that year.
- The Global 100 list for 1999 only provides the revenue information. By accessing each company the number of employees can also be obtained.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
As the initial research found that the 2019 Fortune 100 and Global 100 list and all the information is readily available but requires data entry. Each list will require one request.
For 1999, adding the asset information for the Fortune 100 list will require an additional request. To compile the 1999 Global 100 list will require one request, this will provide the revenue and employee information for the year.
Our initial research was unable to find the profit and asset information for the 1999 Global 100 list or the employee information for the Fortune 100 list in 1999. To identify the profit and asset information for the Global 100 list this would require a search of each company found, and would require an additional three requests. It is likely that finding the employee information for the Fortune 100 list for 1999 would be challenging and would require an additional four requests.