Our preliminary findings indicate that information regarding the number of GSE equipment sold in the last five years is not directly available. However, we were able to identify several statistics around the adoption of GSE equipment in the US and North America. Some of our findings have been presented below:
- In 2019, the market for ground support equipment in North America was valued at $1.7 billion.
- The North America region is currently the largest market for GSE and is expected to dominate the market over the next five years. However, growth in the region is expected to remain low.
- According to a recent study, over 2,700 pieces of ground support equipment are registered to 27 operators at the Los Angeles International Airport.
- The GSE infrastructure at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport is currently undergoing renovation. Although there are no publicly available statistics regarding the number of ground support equipment that would be available at the airport upon completion, the renovation project is billed as the "largest single ground support project" in the US, and it is scheduled to be completed by 2022.
- The O'Hare International Airport was recently awarded an EPA grant to replace 26 pieces of ground support equipment with electrically-powered GSE.
Summary of Research
In our initial hour of research, we were able to provide some insights into the current market for ground support equipment in North America as well as the size of ground support equipment at some airports. Statistics relating to the number of GSE equipment sold in the last five years are not publicly available, and we do not believe any additional research will provide any useful findings. Due to time constraints were not able to determine the number of people employed as GSE operators in the country.