Food Service CL
To understand the purpose, mission, and vision, as well as the sustainability focus versus purpose / corporate social responsibility focus of the given food service, retail, and industrial companies.
Bunge-Mission, Purpose, Vision
- The mission of Bunge is to connect harvests to homes.
- The purpose of Bunge is "At home everywhere. Helping feed the world since 1818 by connecting people, markets, countries and cultures."
- The company's vision is "to build 21st Century Value Chains that are transparent, verified sustainable and create positive impacts on the ground in support of the Sustainable Development Goals."
- Sustainability is at the core of everything Bunge does from sourcing, supply chain, and processing.
- As part of the company's vision to build transparent and sustainabile value chains, Bunge has committed to eliminating deforestation from its supply chain, reducing greenhouse emissions, "protecting peat land and other carbon-capturing ecosystems, conserving freshwater and acting responsibly in water-stressed regions, conserving biodiversity, supporting livelihoods, respecting labor and land use rights, and applying free, prior and informed consent."
- In 2018, Bunge achieved 98% traceablility to mills and 50% traceability to plantation in palm oil. In addition, 36% of their palm oil was verified deforestation free.
- Bunge has committed to reducing water use in most of its facilities by 10% overall and 25% in water stressed areas. As of the end of 2018, the company has already acheived a 6.2% reduction.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.