Surgical Robotics Trends
Identify and detail recent, industry-wide trends in surgical robotics in order to better understand the market.
- According to Robotics Business Review, the largest social driver that is increasing the use of robots for surgical procedures is the increasing population of disabled and elderly patients. Using robotics with these patients can lead to reduced surgical costs, lower patient risks, and increased better outcomes.
- The use of surgical robotics in the prosthetics and orthotics specialties is another major driver because of their ability to increase functionality for patients.
- According to Mordor Intelligence, approximately 98 million Americans will suffer from some form of a cardiovascular disease in their lifetime, and when surgery is necessary, surgical robots can help to significantly reduce blood loss by making smaller incisions and keeping breastbones intact. This decrease in surgical risk will highly increase the use of such technology.
- Market Research Future indicates that the surgical robotics market is most commonly broken down in terms of surgery approach, control mechanism, and surgical application.
- In addition to our public search, we found this report from GlobalData that you may find useful. If you would like us to purchase this research for $2,500.00 on your behalf, just let us know! We can send it directly to you OR loop it into any subsequent research. The cost will be billed back to your account as normal.
- In addition to our public search, we found this report from BIS Research that you may find useful. If you would like us to purchase this research for $1,000.00 on your behalf, just let us know! We can send it directly to you OR loop it into any subsequent research. The cost will be billed back to your account as normal.
clarifications — please respond to these!
1. Is there a specific geographic area you want trends to be focused on? (i.e. U.S., global, Europe, etc.)
2. Are there any specific areas you want trends to be focused on? (i.e. use cases, product types, etc.)
3. Are you interested in surgical robotics that are used for a specific speciality of surgery? (i.e. cardiovascular, brain, orthotics, etc.)
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
Initial searches for trends related to surgical robotics indicate that data is both available and abundant. As a result, in order to address your goals in full, we first request that you respond to the clarification questions above. Then, we recommend moving forward with a single project where we will locate an additional 4-5 trends related to the surgical robotics market in the geography and/or specialty that you specify. Trends will come from industry professionals and sources, and be focused specifcally on up-and-coming use cases, methodologies, and robot-types.