Tableware market US
To determine the market size, trends, and the competitive landscape of the US tableware market.
- The global tableware market was valued at $40.1 billion in 2018, growing at a CAGR of 6% until 2025.
- The demand or the US tableware and kitchenware was estimated to reach $12.7 billion in 2021.
- In order to determine the share of the US market, we used a reverse CAGR calculator to estimate the global market revenue for 2021. We, then, used the global market size for 2021 and divided it by the projected value for US market in order to get the market share of the US market.
- The global tableware market will be worth $47.76 billion in 2021. Using that figure, we were able to estimate that the US market holds roughly 26.6% of the global market ($12.7 billion / $47.76 billion).
- Assuming that the market share would not change significantly between 2019 and 2021, we estimated that the US tableware market was worth $11.3 billion in 2019.
- Some of the biggest factors driving growth, both in the US and globally, include the rising disposable income, changing lifestyle, increasing number of houses, and the rise in urbanization. There has also been "increasing awareness about the health benefits of using stainless steels and aluminum plates," which is also a big driver in the growth of the industry.
- In the US specifically, there has been a shift in the preferred style for dinnerware that favors casual pieces over formal ones that are made of materials such as bone china and porcelain.
- Some of the top US players in the tableware market include Lenox, The Oneida Group (formerly EveryWare Global), Meyer Corporation, Ralph Lauren, Corelle Brands. Other prominent companies in the tableware industry include Meissen, Libbey, Zwilling, Inter Ikea, Mikasa, Saint-Louis, Bernardaud, and Puiforcat.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
As our initial research focused on providing the market size and growth of the market, we propose to continue the project by providing 4-6 trends that are driving the US tableware market. For each trend, we will explain what it consists of, how it is impacting the market, and 1-2 examples of companies that are at the forefront of the trend.
We also recommend providing a competitive analysis for the 5 US tableware campaniles identified above (Lenox, The Oneida Group (formerly EveryWare Global), Meyer Corporation, Ralph Lauren, Corelle Brands). For each company, we will provide an overview of company and the products it offers, its revenue, market share (if available) from the US market, its competitive advantage, and their strengths and weaknesses.
We also propose to analyze the competitive landscape of the other 8 global tableware companies (Meissen, Libbey, Zwilling, Inter Ikea, Mikasa, Saint-Louis, Bernardaud, and Puiforcat). For each company, we will provide an overview of company and the products it offers, its revenue, market share (if available) from the global market, any available metrics about its presence in the US market (such as number of stores, number of manufacturing facilities in the US, number of customers and so on), its competitive advantage, and their strengths and weaknesses.