TAM of the Curtain Rail / Curtain Pole market
To find market size (total revenue) for curtain rails / curtain poles. If available, number of units sold can also be included.
Curtain and curtain accessories should not be included. Geographic scope includes global, North America, and Europe. If the market sizes are available by country only, that data is also acceptable to include. Also, include an analysis for where most of these types of products are sold (i.e. which channels), typical length of curtain poles by country (if available), and typical buyer profiles of curtain pole purchasers.
- The top curtain rod manufacturers globally are PiingHeh, TreeHugger, Kenney, Ningbo Floyone Curtain Accessories, Chapala Iron and Manufacturing Co Inc., Integra Products, Kirsch, Karnisze, Rowley Company, IKEA, Aalishan Interior Products, and Kent Industrial.
- The typical end users (i.e. consumers) of curtain rods are residences, offices, hotels, and shops.
- Online sales channels are currently driving the global market for curtain rods.
- "In 2019, the global Drapery Hardware market size was US$ 4875.6 million ." This market includes curtain accessories beyond rods.
- "Over the next five years the Drapery Hardware market will register a 5.0% CAGR in terms of revenue, the global market size will reach $ 5799.8 million by 2025."
- Blind and shade manufacturing in the U.S. has a market size of $2 billion. "Operators in this industry manufacture window coverings, including Venetian and other window blinds, shades, curtain and drapery rods and poles and other related fixtures."
Results of Initial Research
Initial research into the market size of curtain rods determined that this information is not publicly available and cannot be successfully triangulated based on the data that is available. The reasons for this are as follows:
1) This information does exist, however, it appears to only be contained within paywalled reports such as this one.
2) Publicly available market size figures of curtain rods exist, but only in a way that is presented as a collective alongside other types of curtain hardware, as shown in the data in the Early Findings above.
3) Several attempts to triangulate the market size failed due to a lack of publicly available data required to do so. For example, our team attempted to triangulate the market size by locating the total units sold per year and multiplying by the average cost per rod. This attempt failed because no data was available showing the total units sold per year. Another attempt was made to look for the frequency with which consumers buy rods via consumer surveys as this could potentially help triangulate an estimate for units sold per year, however, no consumer surveys about curtain rods could be found. Lastly, we attempted to identify the curtain rod revenue of specific curtain rod retailers and then compare against the company's market share, however, we could not locate one that reported this data publicly on such a granular level. For example, we could find the revenue of the Antique Curtain Rod Company, however, it wasn't clear how much revenue was coming from rods specifically compared to the company's related product lines.
Overall, the available data about curtain rods, including insights relevant to buyer personas
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
As the initial research was able to identify the market leaders of curtain rods (PiingHeh, TreeHugger, Kenney, Ningbo Floyone Curtain Accessories, Chapala Iron and Manufacturing Co Inc., Integra Products, Kirsch, Karnisze, Rowley Company, IKEA, Aalishan Interior Products, and Kent Industrial) we suggest conducting research to further analyze these companies and their curtain rod offerings. For each company we will provide the following information: link to their website, a detailed breakdown of their curtain rod offering, the price range of their curtain rods, and the company's revenue. For the revenue, we will aim to get it as specific to curtain rods as possible given the available data for that company. Otherwise, we will provide the company's general revenue. If for some reason the analysis cannot be conducted for a given company, we will replace it with a different company.
Additionally, we can conduct research to identify 2-3 trends about curtain rods. For each trend we will provide a handful of data, explanations, and information surrounding what the trend is and what's driving it.