To compile a list of all acquisitions made by Emerson in the last 20 years and provide details on 1) name of the acquired company, 2) date of acquisition, 3) name of the acquiring company (at the time of acquisition e.g., Emerson) 4) link to the current website of the acquired company if it exists now 5) a brief overview of the acquired company 6) acquisition value 7) sales/revenue of the acquired company at the time of acquisition 8) locations that the acquired company operated in 9) any statement by Emerson's officials on the reasons for the acquisition, and 10) a link to the acquired company's logo if available now.
Emerson's Acquisitions (2016-2020)
- In 2000, Emerson Electric Co. shortened its name to "Emerson".
- According to Crunchbase, Emerson has acquired 46 companies.
- On April 2, 2020, Emerson acquired American Governor.
- On March 11, 2020, it acquired Verdant Environmental Technologies.
- On April 16, 2019, it acquired Bioproduction Group.
- In 2018, Emerson made 10 acquisitions including AE Valves (Dec 12, 2018), GE Intelligent Platforms (Oct 2, 2018), ProSys, Inc. (Jan 17, 2018), Aventics GmBH (May 17, 2018), and HD Electric Company, Greenlee Communications, Endura-Greenlee Tools, Sherman + Reilly, Klauke, and Greenlee on July 3, 2018.
- In 2017, Emerson acquired Paradigm, GeoFields, and Mynah technologies.
- In 2016, Emerson acquired PakSense, Artesyn Technologies, Locus Traxx Worldwide, Permasense, Pentair — Valves & Controls, and FMC Technologies.
- As per the company's 2019 annual report, it acquired 8 businesses in 2019 for a total of $469 million. These 8 businesses had combined annual sales of around $300 million. However, other details on these acquisitions were not available in the 2019 report.
- A filtered search on Crunchbase for acquisitions made in 2019 only also revealed a single acquisition (Bioproduction Group).
- Press search indicates that the acquisitions made in 2019 were of software products (KNet Software), product lines (Spence and Nicholson), and some segments (Zedi’s Software and Automation Businesses) of different companies. These three acquisitions were not added in the spreadsheet.
- The names of companies acquired and dates of acquisitions have been provided in the shared spreadsheet.
Summary of Findings
- During this hour of research, we were able to identify 22 acquisitions made by Emerson between 2016 and 2020. We have provided the names of companies acquired and acquisition dates in the spreadsheet.
- We were also able to identify three acquisitions of software or product lines in 2019. These three acquisitions were not added in the spreadsheet. If more analysis on these three acquisitions is desired, this will have to be indicated in the comments.
- The company's annual reports from 2006 to 2019 are available on its website, which can be helpful in finding other acquisitions and acquisition values, among other details.
- For information before that, we can access the company's past 10-K filings from EDGAR's database which can likely reveal details on more acquisitions.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.