The initial round of research indicates that data availability is adequate on this topic. Some tech-driven events that allow fans to compete with their favorite athletes and experts have been presented below.
Not the Aus GP
- The last-minute cancellation of Formula One (F1) due to the pandemic was the main reason for F1's first digital event in 2020. The esports event was called "Not the Australian Grand Prix."
- Veloce, an esports organization, hosted this event. In this competition, gamers were able to compete with their favorite athletes from different sports around the world.
- Some professionals F1 racers that participated in the event include Lando Norris, Stoffel Vandoorne, and Esteban Gutiérrez. In addition to the racers, football goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois from Real Madrid also participated in the event with other gamers and fans.
- The platform for the competition was F1's official computer video game. The competition was also streamed on Twitch.
- eNASCAR is an esports event where famous NASCAR drivers compete with each other and other gamers by operating virtual rigs.
- These races are streamed on television with live commentary. On March 29, 2020, the event garnered more than 1.3 million viewers on Fox and Fox Sports 1.
- The eNASCAR games are played virtually using the iRacing simulation platform.
- Football Manager is an online simulator game where players take charge of professional football (soccer) clubs as their manager. The managers compete with each other in different leagues in the game.
- Many popular football players, such as Antoine Griezmann, Ousmane Dembele, Diogo Jota, and Cesar Azpiliqueta, play this game and compete with their fans.
- Football Manager can be played on various devices, such as Windows, XBOX, mobile phones, and Nintendo.
- Within the first hour, we have been able to provide examples of three events/products/services that allow fans to compete or play alongside their favorite athlete/artist/expert.
- For a deeper dive into the events/products/services, we recommend further research. Details on our recommended research paths have been provided in our proposals below.
- For all our research, we would have a global scope.